Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Abandonment.

Sometimes when I'm driving into the west, it just looks so dilapidated and sad. Dried cattails cover marshes. And metal spires rise out of the mushy and sporadically frozen earth. Kind of like Mordor or Midgard. I'm growing tired of the colorless backdrops in life. I want to see greens again.

From these feelings my newest set was inspired. I suppose its what I consider to be a sense of abandonment. People come and go, just as color does in our hemisphere. I think I was spoiled when I went to Hawaii. I'm not used to having a burst of heat and such lush landscapes...it caused my seasonal clock to go into shock.
My backyard was part of this shoot. It has long been abandoned. My landlord will probably never do anything to improve it. The flower bins are empty year round and a piece of plexi-glass is part of my fence. I look forward to the warm weather. The moss and ivy are beautiful. I plan on planting something red back there this spring.
I also shot some pictures at an old train station in Liberty State Park. Its interesting to me that people enjoy visiting hollowed places. I suppose everything has its beauty in some way or another. Just sort of reminds me of visiting a tomb.
Until next time.

0 comments: