Monday, May 4, 2009

Photoshopping.

This past weekend, I took some shots in a grave yard and I was thinking of doing some odd editing to them. Luckily, through stumble, I came across this little number. This site also has a varied list of techniques to do things. I'm going to post a couple projects I did with their help.


This is the orginal photograph. Its nothing truly amazing, but it was a good stock photo to mess around with.
Above is the infrared effect. I like this one best. I imagine this is what the world looks like to someone who is colorblind. Or maybe dogs? Its amazing how the detail is still captured in the picture, even after all the tweaking. This took me about 10 minutes to do. A very easy project.
This is my next favorite--the gritty effect. This effect is really (apparently) meant to be used on people. It worked nicely on this picture, I thought. Its very simple, but adds some need drama to an otherwise boring picture. Its sort of like the infrared picture, but the graying out of certain colors makes the texture really pop. Another easy project.
My least favorite was HDR or High Dynamic Range. It would have been better had the site with the top twenty something best photoshop tutorials not chosen one from Romania. Good lord, the English may as well had been Arabic. It took me about 30 minutes just to read and decipher what I needed to do. Anywho, the end product is something like technicolor/Wizard of Oz. Its cool to see background colors brought to the forefront.

Try some of the easy projects to make your more lackluster shots a little more dramatic. Its fun and most of the time easy.

Happy Monday.

0 comments: